During the engine development stages, full engines can be fitted with various instrumentation parameters in order to validate a complete aircraft engine or parts thereof under simulated flight conditions. Shown in this picture is a fully instrumented engine fitted inside the engine test facility of Lufthansa Technik in Hamburg, ready for testing. Core engines and engine components can be tested at facilities such as the University of Stuttgart - the Institute of Aircraft Propulsion Systems (ILA) and various other facilities worldwide. AneCom AeroTest can fully support engine tests, by means of supplying highly experienced and flexible test engineers, as well as instrumentation and engine technicians, to support the full engine test on-site at our customers’ facilities.
Our services include:
- Instrumentation design and application for full engine test
- Support in selecting of suitable test facilities
- Consulting services for the development of test schedules/test campaigns
- Flexible test crew that can be deployed worldwide
- Support in commissioning of test facilities
Following are some of the conditions and specification of AenCom AeroTest at various test facilities.
- Air supply for flow rates of up to 140 kg/s
- Air condition can be set between -60 °C and +170 °C at a pressure of 0.05 to 2.5 bar
- Compressor testing up to 3,500 kW
- Turbine testing up to 10,000 kW
- In altitude testing operation: simulated altitude of up to 20 km, flight Mach number up to M=2.2
- Measurement acquisition system with automatic analysis for 1,036 pressure and 540 temperature measuring points
- Laser speed measurement system (L2-F)
- System can be set for complete aircraft turbine engines, engine components, piston engines, flow units etc.
- Knowledge of special features on individual components
- Transfer of experience, comprehensive utilisation of HW and methods, e.g. for measurement techniques
- Years of experience in the specification and commissioning of systems
Thank you for the excellent cooperation with your staff. I have always been able to rely on both AneCom team members that share my profession who were working with me, and we really appreciate the fact that we were also able to successfully achieve the second test under major time pressure thanks to your flexibility.
High quality. Everything was to our complete satisfaction.
In this respect, I would also like to emphasise on behalf of my colleagues the high degree of flexibility in the face of changing requirements. Thank you for the superb and timely cooperation.
An excellent performance delivered under difficult and pressing time constraints, which enabled the project to commence as planned.
Thanks to an early delivery date at our request, the instrumentation was ready in less than 1/3 of the original time. The service was carried out with the usual high quality. This feat could not be anywhere near replicated by internal departments and therefore deserves the highest recognition.
It was a remarkable job to coordinate the efforts between both teams. Every employee demonstrated a high level of technical knowledge and was very helpful. AneCom AeroTest delivered what was promised and we believe they will maintain the high level of service for future projects.
Very good communication during the whole project.