- Test combustor component for aircraft engines or industrial gas turbines as part of a development programme
- Establish complete combustor operating characteristics, including exploration of operating limits
- Functional tests of fuel nozzles
- Measure & optimise emission level (NOX, CO2)
- Ignition and extinguishing testing, including altitude relight testing for aero-engines
- Investigate aero-acoustic phenomena (combustor “rumble”)
- Combustor operation with different fuels (industrial & power plant gas turbines)
- Provide data base for improvement of the numerical algorithms
Combustor tests are carried out at external test facilities with certified partner organisations or at the customer site.
We have gathered special experience at the test facilities of the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) in Cologne where more than 100 tests have been carried out at various test facilities (HBK2, HBK3 and HBK5). Basic technical data from the Institute of Propulsion Technology at the DLR are:
- Emission test, rumble test and optical exhaust gas measurement
- EDS: optical admission, main air supply max. 1 kg/s, max. 20 bar, max 850 K
- HBK1: main air supply - max. 2.2 kg/s, max. 20 bar, max.900 K
- HBK2: main air supply - max. 30 kg/s, max. 40 bar, max. 920 K
- HBK3: main air supply - max. 7 kg/s, max. 40 bar, max. 920 K
- HBK4: main air supply - max. 45 kg/s, max. 40 bar, max. 920 K
Further details are available on German Aerospace Centre (DLR).
In addition we have used the altitude test facility of the University of Stuttgart, the Institute of Aircraft Propulsion Systems (ILA). The focus here is on ignition and extinguishing tests:
- Air supply for flow rates up to 140 kg/s
- Air condition can be adjusted between 60 °C and +170 °C at an inlet pressure of 0.05 to 2.5 bar
We will be pleased to support you in searching for, selecting and carrying out of combustor tests at other external test facilities suitable for your test needs.
We will be pleased to support you in searching for, selecting and carrying out of combustor tests at other external test facilities.
Thank you for the excellent cooperation with your staff. I have always been able to rely on both AneCom team members that share my profession who were working with me, and we really appreciate the fact that we were also able to successfully achieve the second test under major time pressure thanks to your flexibility.
High quality. Everything was to our complete satisfaction.
In this respect, I would also like to emphasise on behalf of my colleagues the high degree of flexibility in the face of changing requirements. Thank you for the superb and timely cooperation.
An excellent performance delivered under difficult and pressing time constraints, which enabled the project to commence as planned.
Thanks to an early delivery date at our request, the instrumentation was ready in less than 1/3 of the original time. The service was carried out with the usual high quality. This feat could not be anywhere near replicated by internal departments and therefore deserves the highest recognition.
It was a remarkable job to coordinate the efforts between both teams. Every employee demonstrated a high level of technical knowledge and was very helpful. AneCom AeroTest delivered what was promised and we believe they will maintain the high level of service for future projects.
Very good communication during the whole project.